The GEO in London website will process information about you in the following ways:
- Personal details given to us by you via online forms will be used to provide you with information, goods or services you have requested.
- Information provided by you via feedback forms or questionnaires will be used to improve our site.
- Logging information, such as your machine’s IP address, is collected automatically by the server and used for statistical purposes only.
- Information about you will only be disclosed to relevant GEO in London personnel, and will not be revealed to third parties outside the organisation without your consent.
- You have a right to ask for a copy of the information we hold on you at any time, and to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate.
Summary of terms
Browser – software used to locate and display Web pages
Cookies – files stored on the user’s machine which are designed to identify users and collect user information
IP address – the Internet Protocol address is an identifier allocated to a computer using the Web. IP addresses may be static (a particular computer always has the same address) or dynamic (the address is different each time the computer connects to the Web)